Sunday 10 March 2013

CARING FOR KAYLA!

Isn't she darling? We think so! This is her mamma's story...




When I was 4years old, my teacher asked me what I wanted to be when i was a grown up. The answer for me was easy. I wanted to be a mom. 22 years later my wish was granted. We were pregnant. We rushed out and bought everything pink. Her nickname was 'Mini G'. 3months later I woke up with pain in my tummy. My husband took me to the emergency. Mini G was no more. I suffered a devastating miscarriage.
A few months later, we found out we were pregnant again. It was a mix of excitement and fear. After 8months of a very high risk and complicated pregnancy our little one decided to come a month early. Her name was Kayla. She had to be in ICU for a while, but eventually we got to take her home.
Then it all started to unfold. Kayla was not picking up any weight.
She started projectile vomiting and having far too many dirty diapers. After many tests, the doctors called us in to tell us news that would change lives forever.
Kayla has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, an in curable terminal illness that is very rare. We have already lost one child, and now we had to come to terms with the fact that one day we will have to bury our baby girl.
Kayla needs monthly medication, treatment and procedures that cost thousands for the rest of her life. While we have medical insurance - the South African government does not support CF as a terminal illness. Therefore our medical insurance does not cover everything.
Kerry (Kaylas mom) can also no longer work and bring in an income as Kayla needs around the clock care. We would like to appeal to friends, family and future friends who can help contribute towards her care. With your generous donations, we can buy the medicine and pay for medical bills that will help keep our little Kayla alive as long as possible. Every little bit helps.
We would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the love and support.
With love and blessings
The Glaser Family x

If you would like to support the Glaser's and baby Kayla, check out their FACEBOOK PAGE


Miss Kayla Rose Glaser
Absa Bank
Account No: 928 1295 293
Branch code: 6151
Branch: Sunningdale
IBAN/swift code: ABSAGB2L




No comments:

Post a Comment