Tuesday 7 October 2014

What's in my vanity?



So this is our bathroom vanity. Not only is it one of my favourite things in our home because who says a repurposed desk can't be used in a bathroom right?! It also holds one of my little secrets…





Within this vanity, inside one of the drawers is my heart bag that now holds my new "crush". You see Sweetpea has day trained (a whole other post) so she isn't using much cloth nappies now but a mamma still has to have something with prints and pretty ofcourse! And mine come in the form of…



You guessed it! I'm "that crunchy"! Mama Cloth! So along my fluff journey over the last 6 years with cloth nappies, I often stumbled across sites selling Mama Cloth (cloth sanitary pads). When Little Man was a few months old I dabbled in it a while and even made my own and loved it. So another 3 years down the line and there are so many more options available in South Africa that I am so excited to try.


Over the next couple of months I will be reviewing a few different brands. First up will be the Charlie Banana brand from Tiny Hiney and a WAHM brand called TomFips.






So why use mama cloth?


  • It's healthier for you and your daughters (which I now have to think about as Princess is turning 9 this month, eeeeck!)
  • Has no chemicals, gels that are being absorbed by your body.
  • Some have noticed the decline in level of pain and cramping compared to using disposables.
  • Cheaper to use. 
  • Better for the earth. Doing some research I found out that an average woman uses about 10 000 sanitary pads/tampons in her lifetime! Yikes!
  • What's worse is that 98%, yip people, 98% gets flushed directly down the toilet! So when using MC nothing is getting flushed down the loo or being thrown out.

 In the next couple of months we will be covering:

  1. How to wash them by hand or washing machine (really not as gross as it sounds!)
  2. How to store them while in use
  3. Night time options
  4. Day time options
  5. Liners
  6. Storing/using them while out
If you have any questions you would like answered in the posts to come please leave a comment or send me a message via my FACEBOOK page.

No comments:

Post a Comment